Heart, Head, Hand
What is a Heart, Head, Hand workshop?
This workshop tactic evaluates the usefulness, emotional resonance and business value of an idea.
When you’ve had a great idea that you want to take forward, this method of evaluation makes you consider all aspects of it, so it doesn’t fall down when interrogated.
How to run a Heart, Head, Hand workshop
1. Put your idea into the T-Bar Format and stick it up on a wall so everyone can see it.
2. Facilitate a discussion by asking the following questions:
- Who will love this idea?
- Will users be delighted by it?
- Are you excited about it?
- Why would someone care?
- Is it going to make sense to everyone?
- Does it offer anything useful or pleasurable to users?
- Does it support business objectives?
- Is it distinctive from the competition?
- Is it deliverable within a set budget and time frame?
- Does it rely on something else that has uncertainties?
- Will it get past any regulations or compliance requirements?
Origin: David Orr, 1991